Monday, May 20, 2013

Time flies.


Time truly does FLY when you are having fun! I feel like my little sister, Paige, just got into town and she is already gone :( how did that happen?!

Presenting "welcome home" baked goods have become somewhat of a tradition upon Paige's returns home. In addition, when I first met Paige's now husband, Korey, for the first time (well during that same day), I made him a key lime pie. I know it sounds silly and maybe it was, but I was just trying to show my approval. What?! If baking something that looks like it was made by a kindergartner doesn't show love, then I don't know what does.


That one time that I made Korey key lime pie on the day I met him to show that he was "in" with me. Sweet, I know. For those of you who don't have laser perfect vision (who could read this from so far away?), then I will help you out, it says "I heart Korey" with red frosting which melted, then I traced over it with white chocolate chips, which later also melted ;) (maybe kindergartners could do better...but you know what, it IS the thought that counts, ok?!)


Paige and Korey holding my latest creation. PN hearts KN.  Even sweeter and more clever than my first pie created in the picture above. Having Korey become part of the family made me more willing to attempt this masterpiece. Look out-- when they have babies, there is no telling what the baked goodies may look like!


Alright, that was a tangent. One more thing though while I am at it.....regarding baked goods, I may make clever ones, but the true expert on the baking is Andrew. I don't even want to tell you how good his treats are because then you will ask for them and he is not accepting orders on them right now. I will say that his banana cake 6 and peanut butter cookies get rave reviews. He is Mr. Humble, but I promise you, they are the BEST. 


We played games as a whole family ( I know, there are SO many of us) There was also some Thai food from Thai Spice involved and that is a Knudsen family favorite. 

The gang--- minus the parents and plus the dog.


Saturday, Paige and I spent the whole day together--- WIN! I'm sure I drove her nuts but I sure had a good time doing it. We shopped, talked, walked, talked (maybe sampled some yogurt at a few places) you know- the usual. 

On Sunday, we celebrated (mourned?) the move a little more with Icing on the cake Banana cake (2nd to Andrew's, but like I said- he is out of baking commission at the moment :( hopefully the baking returns when the move is complete) 

.......on a little bit of a more serious note, as we all parted our ways-- and four separate cars pulled out of my parents place, I was in my car on my own and had this wave of sincere gratitude and awe for the life that I have and the people in it. Andrew and I often say that one year ago we would have had no idea that today we would be here (and two weeks from now living in Hawaii). Honestly though, it is nothing short of divine that Andrew and I married and are now here. 
I would say that it is a miracle and it is, but I have a little story about what a wise, old man once told me about miracles which I will share in my next post.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you and Paige had such a fun weekend together! Friday night was a blast :)

    ReplyDelete